Thursday 10 March 2011

Mozart and McDonalds

I'm sitting in a taxi driving over the famous bridge that crosses from Malmo, Sweden, to Copenhagen, Denmark. I know this because I get friendly texts from Vodafone every time I cross this bridge, welcoming me to whichever side I'm arriving on and explaining how horrifically expensive it'll be for everyone involved should anyone dare to call me.

I've spent the last two days listening to auditions for the music college in Malmo where I teach, hearing the next wave of students auditioning for places. I think we heard at least 20 Mozart concertos, which is tiring, whatever you say about the man's music.

In my break today I went over to the local McDonalds, and was berated by the man behind the counter for ordering a salad. Apparently they only serve them because they have to, but no sensible McDonalds customer ever actually orders one. I felt embarrassed so I added fries and a milkshake to my salad order, just to save face.

And now back home, where unfortunately I have to practice Mozart as I'm playing it next weekend. I am, however, looking forward to introducing my wife to the winning salad and chips combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment