Sunday 2 January 2011

New Year!

Another new year arrives, and with it a collection of new resolutions which will be embarrassingly failed over the next 12 months.
For the record, I plan to be a multi-lingual, piano playing super-dad by the end of this year. And a stone lighter too.

Still, I can't wait to get 2011 started. Sitting in the snowy hills of Germany as I am now (slightly hurting from an earlier sledging accident) it feels appropriate that the first release on our record label this year will be called 'Winter Sketches'- an album of Russian miniatures from the incredible accordionist Bjarke Mogensen. You have to hear it, it really is amazing. In fact you can have some of it for free, if you click here.

My next big project is preparing for the release of our children's album, to raise money for the Lenny Trusler Children's Foundation. It's been a long time in the making, but is finally planned for release in spring. Recording Clive Owen reading The Jabberwocky was one of the highlights of last year for me. If anyone is cooler than Clive Owen, I don't want to meet him. I don't think I could cope with such an experience.

Speaking of highlights, I'm filled with amazing memories of our concert at Cadogan Hall, which raised a fortune for the foundation. That whole experience made me very aware of how generous people can be. It completely restored my faith in humanity, and left me with a staggeringly long list of people I now owe favours to, which was the only downside.
One at a time please.

Happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment